Another Pfizer Booster Vaccine Drive-Thru Clinic, Administration Plan
Surry County Health and Nutrition Center will be hosting another drive-thru Pfizer booster dose mass vaccination clinic on Friday, October 15, 2021, from 9:00am – 4:00pm at the Dobson Farmer’s Market. No appointment is required. This mass vaccination clinic will be for Pfizer booster doses only. According to the guidance provided by the NC Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the following individuals are eligible for a booster dose of the Pfizer vaccine:
- 65 years of age and older
- 18 years of age and older, and:
- Live or work in a nursing home or other long-term care residential facility
- Have a medical condition that puts you at high risk for severe illness; for example obesity, asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Work in a high-risk profession, meaning you come into contact with a lot of people, and you don’t know their vaccination status; for example, health care workers, first responders, teachers, food processing workers, retail and restaurant workers, and public transportation workers
- Live or work in a place where many people live together; for example, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, migrant farm housing, dormitories, or other group living settings in colleges or universities
Interested individuals may receive their booster vaccine 6 months after their second Pfizer dose. Currently, approval for a booster dose of the Moderna vaccine is still pending. At this time, it is not recommended that those who received the Moderna vaccine get a Pfizer booster dose.
The Surry County Health and Nutrition Center will also be offering booster doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in-house, Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm, by appointment or walk-in. Dose one and two of COVID-19 vaccine will also be offered by walk-in or appointment during these same hours. To make an appointment, please call us at (336) 401-8400.
For more information, please call us at (336) 401-8400 or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SurryCountyHealthandNutritionCenter/ for the latest updates.