COVID-19: Pfizer Booster Doses Now Available
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and NC Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) have approved the booster dose for the Pfizer mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. Booster doses of the Pfizer vaccine strengthen and extend protections against severe illness from COVID-19.
Surry County Health and Nutrition Center is proud to now offer Pfizer booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccination for those who received their second Pfizer shot at least 6 months ago, and meet one of the following criteria:
- 65 years of age and older
- 18 years of age and older, and:
- Live or work in a nursing home or other long-term care residential facility
- Have a medical condition that puts you at high risk for severe illness; for example obesity, asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Work in a high-risk profession, meaning you come into contact with a lot of people, and you don’t know their vaccination status; for example, health care workers, first responders, teachers, food processing workers, retail and restaurant workers, and public transportation workers
- Live or work in a place where many people live together; for example, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, migrant farm housing, dormitories, or other group living settings in colleges or universities
Surry County Health and Nutrition Center’s Pfizer booster doses will be offered Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm by appointment only. Please call us at 336-401-8400 to schedule an appointment. In addition, we will be hosting a Pfizer booster only mass vaccination clinic on Friday, October 1, 2021 from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Dobson Farmer’s Market. No appointment is required for this drive through event.
If you received the Moderna vaccine series, please know that we are awaiting approval and guidance on a Moderna booster dose. At this time, it is not recommended that those who received Moderna vaccine get a Pfizer booster dose.
For more information, please call us at (336) 401-8400 or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SurryCountyHealthandNutritionCenter/ for the latest updates.